[JOB] Business Administrative Associate – Capital Programs (Chicago)
Business Administrative Associate – Capital Programs
Under general supervision of the Associate Director, Business Services, the purpose of this position is to maintain efficient business processes and departmental accounting records for construction and remodeling projects administered by the Office for Capital Programs (OCP) at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Maintain funds for construction and remodeling projects in the University Banner system and departmental project management computer systems. Process various accounting forms required for the activation of new projects, continuation of existing projects, and closure of project funds. Analyze and reconcile Banner funds on a monthly basis.
Review and process all obligation and expenditure transactions for projects. Documents to be included but not limited to: contracts, change orders, requisitions, purchase orders, miscellaneous obligations, receiving reports, certificate invoice vouchers, service requisitions, and miscellaneous invoice vouchers.
On behalf of the Office for Capital Programs, interact with University and campus officers; municipal, state and federal agencies; and private firms engaged in architecture, engineering or construction. Assure compliance with changing regulations stipulated by local, State, or Federal governments, and University policies and procedures.
Responsible for departmental purchases of equipment, supplies and services using the University issued procurement card, travel card, and iBuy.
Manage departmental inventory and the proper disposal of no longer useful equipment and furniture. Perform biennial inspection of inventory as per University Property Accounting requirements.
Minimum Acceptable Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or a related field
• Two Years of professional level accounting, managerial and or business experience, one year which was at an administrative level
• Experience in budgeting, budget analysis and reporting
• At least five (5) years of experience of professional level accounting, managerial and or business experience.
• Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with Banner and its administrative forms, Business Objects/EDDIE reporting tools, computer operating systems and spreadsheet programs are preferred
• Knowledge of UIC Business Policies and Procedures strongly preferred.
For fullest consideration, please complete an online application on the University of Illinois at Chicago, Human Resources website, https://jobs.uic.edu ;submit a cover letter and resume to the email addresses Emp_rec2@uilliois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Job Code CB3261 and the position title in the cover letter and subject line for each email. In addition, resumes and unofficial transcripts can be uploaded within the Application. The application should include all work experience, detailed job duties, start and end dates and whether the position was part time or full time. Please note that an Exam Request is not needed at this time.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be completed no later than the close of business Friday August 24th 2012. All information submitted will be thoroughly evaluated and verified.
University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer