[JOB] Seeking a Director, Integrated Marketing (Downers Grove, IL)
Seeking a Director, Integrated Marketing…
Downers Grove, Illinois
Job Summary: The Director of Integrated Marketing is a critical member of the retail marketing leadership team and is accountable for brand strategy, brand building and advertising. This role will partner with the Vice Presidents of Marketing to develop persuasive advertising. In addition to advertising, the Director will create best practices, to be leveraged across our brands and categories; and will oversee other functional departments, including packaging design and coupon fulfillment. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for integrated marketing communications across all touchpoints.
- Responsible for elevating the overall impact and quality of the organizations advertising.
- Responsible for integrated marketing communications from positioning and platform across all consumer touchpoints.
- Partnering with marketing vice presidents to develop and direct marketing and advertising strategies.
- Partnering with procurement to negotiate agency fees.
- Leading agency pitches and requests for proposals.
- Building overall organizational advertising and consumer based activation via training and best practice development.
- Directing efforts of advertising agencies including scope of work, creative production and strategy development.
- Collaborating and contributing to the creative process across all brands and categories.
- Managing the relationship with agency and media partners.
- Ensuring a broad communication and understanding of the brand message across the company and the effectiveness of brand building campaigns with consumers.
- Integrating best practices around promotional, digital advertising and media within the marketing team.
- Directing the activities and professional development of a team of direct reports, which includes packaging graphics and design and coupon fulfillment.
- Providing thought leadership for overall marketing strategy and guidance to marketing teams on briefs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA desired
- Consumer packaged goods experience required
- A minimum of 10 years of advertising experience, with some of that experience at an agency
- Experience in a CPG or similar environment managing brand positioning, strategy and advertising development
- Experience in identifying and leveraging consumer insights to deliver marketing programs and business propositions (strategy development, idea shaping and delivery)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing and consumer promotion
- Ability to work and excel as a leader in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to motivate, train and develop marketing staff to perform at their best
Hillshire Brands focuses on providing meat-centric food products that satisfy consumer appetites and offer exceptional quality and value. The flagship brands of our reinvigorated company include Ball Park, Gallo Salame, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean and State Fair. In addition, the company produces the well-loved Sara Lee frozen desserts. The Hillshire Brands foodservice division serves our portfolio of products to restaurants, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other food service operations. Collectively, these brands generate billion in revenue as they touch millions of consumers in North America. At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That’s why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities. An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer