[JOB] Seeking a Senior Manager for Marketing and Outreach (Chicago or DC)
Seeking a Senior Manager for Marketing and Outreach…
American Institutes for Research
Chicago or Washington, DC
|The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is the leading education research non-profit organization in the nation providing a continuum of education research, assessment, technical assistance and policy analysis from the school level up to the national and international levels. Our programs apply science to address real world issues on behalf of clients that include federal and state agencies, international development agencies, leading foundations, school districts and private businesses and our experts are a frequent source of information and guidance for policymakers, clients and the news media.
The Education, Human Development, and Workforce (EHDW) Program at AIR is responsible for more than 280 projects totaling $95 million. The role of the Senior Manager for Outreach and Marketing in EHDW is to identify opportunities, implement marketing and dissemination strategies, and develop messages and materials that convey EHDW’s expertise, knowledge, capacity and services to policymakers, practitioners, funders, and the public and generate new business opportunities. The EHDW Senior Manager for Outreach and Marketing will work closely with AIR’s corporate communications office to support the organization’s efforts to expand AIR’s reach and reputation. This position will report to the EHDW Vice President in charge of external relations and will work closely with AIR’s Corporate Office of Communications. The position can be based in either the Washington, D.C. or Chicago, IL office.
1. Develop and implement strategies to market products and services to schools, districts, and state education agencies.
2. Write and oversee the development of project descriptions, fact sheets, brochures, and related online and print materials highlighting AIR’s contributions to the fields of education, human development, and the workforce.
3. Work with corporate communications to identify opportunities to promote and publicize staff expertise, research findings, involvement in high-profile projects and policy ideas.
4. Work with EHDW leadership to identify key topic areas each year and develop messages and strategies, in collaboration with corporate communications, to promote EHDW’s work in these areas.
5. Support EHDW’s External Relations activities, assisting with forums, developing policy publications, and facilitating relationships between policy makers and AIR staff.
6. Provide targeted dissemination and marketing support and advice to AIR program staff on projects.
7. Advise staff on social media, communications, and dissemination strategies.
8. Work with EHDW publication services and corporate communicates to implement branding guidelines for AIR and EHDW materials.
9. Coordinate the work of multiple consultants.
|1. Bachelor’s degree required with substantial experience, preferably in English, journalism, education, communication, or marketing; Master’s degree preferred.
2. 5–10 years of experience, with increasing levels of responsibility in marketing or communications.
3. 2 years minimum of supervisory experience.
4. Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills; self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities.
5. Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to produce concise, high-level summaries and briefings.
6. Demonstrated ability to gather data and information related to education topics to create communication strategies.
7. Strong analytical skills, with the ability to make decisions based on available information.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients.
9. Self-starter with excellent organizational and detail orientation skills; project-management experience preferred.
10. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
11. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
12. Experience establishing and maintaining Web-based content preferred.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, subsidized garage parking, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com?&sn=prsa.org and conduct a job title search. EOE.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB|